Affordable acupuncture in Provincetown and Wellfleet
Chinese medicine treats the whole person
This means that treatment of a physical problem will also enhance your sense of wellbeing.
Patients who come for one thing often find that many other health issues are addressed as well. By listening to the story of your health, and giving you the time necessary to understand that story fully, the Chinese medicine practitioner can detect the source of the imbalance in your health and bring harmony to your system. This has the effect of healing you in body, mind and spirit.
All treatments are tailored to the specific patient’s constitution and needs. Such personal shaping of the treatment maximizes its effectiveness and addresses the source, rather than just the symptoms, of the patient’s illness.
Chinese medicine, which includes acupuncture, herbology and nutrition as well as other techniques, has a continuous written history of over two thousand years. That is; each practitioner keeping a written account of what worked and did not work for each patient all through the millennia. This rich body of medical information rivals all other medical traditions including that of the west.
In 1997, a consensus statement released by the National Institutes of Health found that acupuncture is useful to treat:
- menstrual cramps
- tennis elbow
- myofascial pain
- lower back pain
- carpal tunnel syndrome
One person's experience
In the late 1970s, the World Health Organization recognized the ability of acupuncture and Oriental medicine to treat nearly four dozen common ailments, including:
- neuromusculoskeletal conditions (such as arthritis, neuralgia, insomnia, dizziness, and neck/shoulder pain)
- emotional and psychological disorders (such as depression and anxiety);
- circulatory disorders (such as hypertension, angina pectoris, arteriosclerosis and anemia)
- addictions to alcohol, nicotine and other drugs
- respiratory disorders (such as emphysema, sinusitis, allergies and bronchitis)
- gastrointestinal conditions (such as food allergies, ulcers, chronic diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, intestinal weakness, anorexia and gastritis)